Sunday, March 4, 2012

The cosmic principle according to which each person is rewarded or punished in one incarnation according to that person's deeds:

I do laundry twice a week normally.  It's not my favorite chore, but I don't find it anywhere near as horrible as I find cleaning boy-pee off the toilets.  So I really don't mind doing the laundry for myself and my family.  But we have a system, and if this system gets thrown out of whack for whatever reason, it makes it hard for me to want to serve my family.  Thursday, I asked Riley to bring his laundry downstairs.  He did not.  I also asked Zach to bring his upstairs.  He did not.  No worries, I'll just go get their laundry.  It's really not that big of a deal.  Until I arrive in Zachary's room to get his clothes.  Monday is my other laundry day.  All went smoothly that day, and I even got it done in one day.  Go me!  All I ask is that my children put their laundry away.  I even put Zachary's clean clothes in his laundry basket on my bed, so he can take it all down in one trip.  But this time, when I went to get his clothes, I found that not only had he not put his clothes away, but some of his clean clothes were still in his laundry basket.  Oh, it gets better.  Earlier in the week, I noticed his full laundry basket that he had simply placed on his bed and said, "Zach.  Put your clothes away, please."  Maybe I didn't say please.  I don't really remember, but my memory likes to make me look good.  So rather than do what I asked him, he simply moved his laundry basket to the side of his bed where I wouldn't see it.  Thus, I would assume that he had followed through on the task.
When I saw this, I said, "Oh, hell no!  That does it.  I am not doing laundry today!"  And I didn't do laundry that day.  But I did Skype my husband to tell him all about what Zach had done.  His response:  "I guess it's karmic justice for my behavior as a child."
Are you freaking kidding me?  How is that karmic justice?  "Your karmic justice is screwing me over!"  I responded.  Karmic justice should be something that only effects Kurtis, not craps all over me in the process!  Apparently his idea of karmic justice is more like what happens when a chocolate fountain gets knocked over.  We're at this amazing party and everybody is having a great time until the curious two-year-old gets too close to the chocolate fountain, and bam!  Brown, chocolate goo all over the floor and the ceiling and pretty much everybody else in the room!  But he was in the bathroom, and so he comes back in the room wondering why everybody is screaming.  How is that justice?

3 comments:

Shauna said...

This totally made my day! Not because I'm glad for your pain, but because I think "Your karmic justice is screwing me over!" just might be my new catch phrase. Because let's face it, my experiences with my offspring are often less than stellar (which is why I sometimes call them "idiot children" on the sly) and I was a nice, kind child! Ask my parents! They'll tell you! So the "boy pee" of life that happens surely must be someone else's karma tainting my own.

Michele said...

I know you as a kid and while you were no heathen you were no saint. It could be karmic justice.
That said, sorry youre having a bad day. I'm not having the greatest myself- there is something about children not obeying simple requests and then being completely and blatantly ungrateful that is giving me the desire to just leave for a couple of days without telling anyone.
Gratitude people! (said in my best Ty Pennington voice with a megaphone)

sweetlissybug said...

I wasn't having a bad day. How does getting out of the laundry equal a bad day? I was just trying to be funny. Riley ran out of pants on Monday, and it pretty much made my day. You can bet today, when I told them to get their laundry downstairs, they did. He he.