Thursday, March 1, 2012

I Can Shoot As Quick and Straight As Anybody Can

No.  No, I can't, but I can't believe I forgot to blog about this! 
We had our Blue and Gold Banquet on Friday, February 24, 2012.  I'm pretty sure it was a fun night with excellent food, a few games, and cookie decorating.  I say that because I was only there long enough to see the awards and then I had to go help with an audition that my friend was having at my house, and he wanted me to read with the person who was auditioning.  It took longer than I thought it would.  I got back in time to help clean up, and even though I did leave my camera, Kurtis didn't take any pictures.  But I took a few before I left though!  We had a western theme!

 The Wolves were in charge of decorations.  My partner has a Cricut, and so I got a bunch of card stock, and we made cowboy hat place mats, and cowboy hat decorations.  We had enough left over that I made some cowboy boots to throw on the tables, too.  I also rounded up some cowboy boots and got those blue and gold flowers at the dollar store, and shoved them inside.  Super easy.

 There was a cowboy hat ring toss game.  The boys loved it! :)

 We also had a jail with a cut out wanted poster.  Riley wasn't trying to look like a bad guy.

 But Zach was.

 I told Kaleb to look, "tough", and this is what he did. :D

 The boys, gathered around the campfire.

 Riley led the flag ceremony and the pledge.

 The Weblos were in charge of the skit.  Zach was the echo.

 The first boy shouted, "Echo!"  And Zach would repeat what they said until they got to last boy, who yelled, "Baloney!"  And nothing happened.  He shrugged and moved on.

Then the leader yells, "I'm the best den leader in the world!"  And Zachary echos back:  "Baloney!"
Kids love stuff like that. :)

1 comment:

Michele said...

I love it! You did a great job. :) How did you guys make the fire and the cactus?