Monday, March 19, 2012

I'm Holding That Trapeze

I was looking at the date of the last blog post and I thought, "Fudge Popsicles.  I need to blog more."  I mean, really.  It's been ten days!  How can I expect you to wait so long for an update in my fascinating life?
Because my life really isn't that fascinating and every time I blog, somebody seems to tell me I am whining.  Perhaps you need to change the voice in your head when you read my blog.  I don't whine.  I'm too sarcastic for that.  Whining is for six-year-olds.  I'd rather you read it with a snarky voice, or a pretend happy voice.  Yeah.  Go with the happy voice.  It's much more fun.
So I would like to blog that I have new floors in the kitchen and front room of my house.  I really would like to post pictures of the finished project.  So badly.  So very, very badly.  But unfortunately, I can't.  The last time I saw the floor guy was on Wednesday.  He stayed until six and finished the dining area and where the fridge goes, but the front room closet isn't finished, the pantry isn't finished and the area by the kitchen sink and under the dishwasher isn't finished.  Why?  Because it is pointless for him to come back and do that little piece of floor when the stair nose was never ordered.  They guy who does that forgot to order it.  He called me Friday and told me it should be in on Wednesday.  At the same time that he was explaining this to me, one of Kaleb's friends rang the doorbell.  I just can't carry on two conversations at once, so I can't remember if he said they would come finish my floors on Wednesday or Thursday.  Yay.  Three months ago (on Wednesday), exactly is when my kitchen flooded.  Three months I have lived with an unfinished floor.  Three months I have tried to cram three rooms worth of stuff into my living room and what didn't fit in there got put in the garage.  Two months into those three months, Kaleb started tripping on the area in the kitchen that was unlevel.  I thought it was funny, and little bit weird.  But you have to hold in laughter when your kid gets hurt.  It's not funny.  But it is funny.  It's so very funny!
When I asked the floor guy if he was going to put the base boards back on my walls, he told me he wasn't told to.  Wasn't told to?  I was under the impression that I was doing the demolition and that they were doing the reconstruction.  I had a vision of me punching something.  I think I may need to get me one of these:


or maybe this one would be better:

Either one would give me something to hit once in awhile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be sure you include prices of the items so you've an notion of the discount countertops. Once you might have gathered many ideas about your new kitchen, grab a pencil and start to jot down the costs of all the items you want to include.

Michele said...

Oh the "nature of the business" is so frustrating! Tell his boss to tell him to do it but find out if they are going to charge you extra for it and make sure the insurance is planning on covering it. Read through the contract and see if it is written in there. If it is he has to do it. If it isn't written specifically in there then he won't but then the contractor will want to write a new contract and add to the cost. It's such an obnoxious hassle. Good luck. Maybe by now you have it taken care of and the floors are in?