Thursday, April 24, 2014

In Which Easter Is A Really Great Day

So Easter.  Well, this year was slightly different.  Kurtis said to me, "Our kids are all old enough that the Easter bunny doesn't have to hide the eggs any more, right?"
Well... I don't think they think they are.  Then Kurtis went on, "I don't remember ever hunting for Easter eggs when I was a kid.  We just got a basket of candy."
I rolled my eyes and said, "Whatever."  And he didn't hide the eggs.
I also wanted to cut back on the amount of candy this year.  I'm fat.  I love candy, but it makes me fat and I'm addicted to it, so the less I have it the better.  So this year, the Easter bunny brought the kids a full bag of their favorite candy, a chocolate bunny, some plastic eggs filled with jellybeans, a movie, and a tie.  Kaleb and Riley wanted Tardis blue ties and Zach wanted a red bow tie.  Because "Bow ties are cool." (Doctor Who)  Kurtis got a giant book that he had been wanting and I got two cds.
After church on Sunday (sorry, no Sacrament Meeting Art this week.  I was singing in the choir and figured it would be a bit of hassle to try to hold my music and my crayons at the same time.), we went up to my mom's house.  Baby Gus was there and I got to meet Ben's girlfriend Jayden.  She's really nice.  I asked her if our crazy family was overwhelming at all and she said she liked it because she only has one other sister.
After dinner, my dad hid chocolate Easter eggs (like they do every Easter), so the kids did get to hunt for Easter eggs after all.  That made them happy.
My dad turned 63 on the 19th, so we also celebrated his birthday with cake and ice cream.  My mom told me he could use a new wallet, so I got him one.  Emily gave him Star Trek shaped chocolates.  I accidentally opened Dad's present for him when Emily's friend brought it over.  I was so embarrassed!  I was like why didn't you stop me?  And Emily was like, well when you were just looking inside the bag, it was okay.  I didn't know it was for Dad!  I figured since her friend brought it over, it was for her. D:
He thought they were awesome, though.  I guess now he has a funny memory for his 63rd birthday.
Here are the pictures I took that day:

 The Easter baskets.  I found these giant bunny and chick shaped eggs that were perfect for the ties.  I was excited about that.

 The Easter gifts for my primary class.  I love teaching the Easter lesson.

 My goodness they are a handsome bunch!

 Baby G!

 Dad, blowing out his candles.  Every year, he gets a German chocolate cake.

 My brother is such a good daddy!  I love watching him interact with his little guy.
This picture just cracked me up a lot.  He's just cleaning him off after eating some squash.


 Then they started to plan their trip to Minnesota.  I won't be able to make it this time.

 Baby G with Grandma

 He's standin'!

 I grew a mustache.

 Then Ben started playing that Lana Del Ray song and made my mom cry.

 The perspective is off on this shot.  Baby G isn't really that giant.  ;)
He was being squirmy and didn't want to be held.

But Riley tried for a bit any way.  He loves that little guy!

Oh!  And P.S. the last post I posted before this one was my 500th blog post!
Pretty crazy.  Yet pretty cool, too.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I loved seeing all these photos! Happy Birthday to your dad, too.