Saturday, April 12, 2014

In Which the Future Is Imminent

Guys... My baby is getting bigger. :(
He's going to be thirteen in a month, but that's not the problem.  Not really.  Soccer started a couple weeks ago and Zach came to me.  He said, "Mom.  I can't find my cleats.  All I can find are my ones that are size 4."  I did not buy him size 4 cleats in the fall.  I bought him size 6.
Today was his first game of the season.  He can't play without cleats.  They won't allow it.  So after he got back from his scout camp out, and I got back from my tech rehearsal, I told him to go find his cleats.  I mean, really, how far away could they have gone?  They have to be in his room somewhere.
He couldn't find them.
So I texted his coach to tell her we would be late.
Then I told him to get ready for his game, and after that, I took him to Sports Authority.  On the way, I said, "What is your shoe size?"
"Six.  But my toes are touching the tips on these shoes, so I want a size seven, okay?"
"Sounds good."
He found a pair of yellow cleats (yellow is his favorite color - wait.  Actually, he is telling me his favorite color is the blue of Dewott - just Google it.), and they were $50.  Which is reasonable, I suppose.  But size seven is not a child's size.  Whaaaaaaaaat?  My baby is in MEN'S SHOE SIZES!!!?
Well, that sucks.  Men's shoes are more expensive than kids' shoes.  The same pair of cleats were $25 more!  So after he tried on a 7 and it didn't fit!  I found a different pair that was $30.  That's so much better.  He said he liked them, too.  He tried on the 7, the 7 1/2, and then the 8!
Wait.  Whaaaaat?  He's gone from a six to an eight?  He says he doesn't need new shoes though.  Which is good because I hate shoe shopping for other people.
We made it to his game right before half time.  His team won.

These are the infamous yellow shoes.

 His coach at half time.  Coaching.  She's awesome.  Zach is #7.






 This picture is just cool.  He just kicked the ball.

 Zach kicked the ball, too!  A few times actually.
He seems to be getting over his fear of playing.  Which is a very good thing.



No comments: