Sunday, April 13, 2014

It's Not Blood, It's A Dress!

Remember how I said I would share with you what I made during General Conference weekend.  Yeah, well. I kinda forgot to take a picture of it.  I will later (if I remember).  So in my play, one of the characters hits another character with a warming pan.  I turned to the director and said, "Um, you could make one out of foam, so he could really hit him and then he won't get hurt.  The fireplace shovel, too."  And he said, "Can you do that?"  I said, "I could try."  And so I did.  I made a warming pan for the play out of foam.  And then I made a fireplace shovel out of foam, too.  Because another character hits another character with the fireplace shovel, too.

Sacrament Meeting Art #17:  April 13, 2014.
One of my favorite things to do when the weather is warm, is to lie in the grass and look at the stars.
I haven't done it in forever.  I think if I don't do it soon, I may be swallowed into the depths of despair.
Oh.  Was that a tad dramatic?  
As I was drawing this, Zachary looked at it and said, "Mom.  Is that a person, or a severed head?"
I said, "What do you think it is?"
"A person."
"Yes.  It's a person.  I'm not that morbid."
I guess he is still traumatized by my other drawing.
I am quite the night owl, though.  I love it.  It's quiet and soothing and gazing up at the night sky to see the heavens twinkle makes one feel connected to the universe.  Viewing and wondering at the cosmos calms my soul and I find peace with my Creator.  I could stay there all night.  I love to just gaze at the sky.  The clouds make wonderful shapes and I my children see dragons and babies and dogs in them.  Life is glorious.

No comments: