Friday, April 4, 2014

It's Dangerous To Go Alone!

Today is my sister's birthday and she wanted to do something fun for her special day.  She invited all of her friends to come see the 11:00 p.m. showing of the new Captain America movie.  I was totally down and bought two tickets right away.  Kurtis didn't want to stay up so late and was conflicted about whether or not he would go with me.  But he and I talked about it yesterday morning and decided that he didn't feel he could stay up that late, but he and I were both feeling like we'd been really hard on Zachary about all of his missing assignments (he had 21, but worked really hard to make up most of them, but no, not all of them - the punk) and we wanted to let him know that we still love him, so we decided that he could come with me.  He was so excited when I told him.  It was his first midnight premier!  But I made him promise me that he would make up the work he was going to miss the next day.  Because yes, we also decided to let him slough school the next day (today).
After rehearsal last night, I drove home as fast as I could, picked up Zachary and went to the midnight premiere of Captain America the Winter Soldier!  We met Emily, Joel and Vincent at the theater, got our treats, and found our seats.  It was so flipping awesome!  I loved it!  Black Widow was in it and the Falcon!  The girl who was in the Avengers and is on How I Met Your Mother reprized her character's role.  So much fun.  Now, I need to get caught up on Agents of Shield to see their tie in to the movie (like they did with Thor 2).  I love this stuff.
The side effects of this are as follows.  After 9:30, I couldn't really sleep any more.  I have a headache and my vision went weird on me, but it's find now.  Kurtis suggested I take a nap, but I don't know that I will be able to fall asleep.
I gave Emily her presents, too.  I made one of them for her.  She really loved them!  Here are the pictures.

 I found a picture of another apron like this only frillier on Pinterest, and I thought, "I have an apron pattern and I could do that, but Emily isn't into the frills, so we'll just not do that.  Emily will love it!"  Zach was a good sport and modeled it for me here.

This is the apron I found on Pinterest.  I don't like all the ruffles and I didn't think Emily would either.

 Here is a close up on the detail of the one I made.  I need a less crappy sewing machine.
It's a Legend of Zelda symbol.  Emily really likes that game.

 When I was at Comic Con, my neighbor's son had a booth there where he was selling his artwork.  I bought this print of Link from The Legend of Zelda video game for Emily.  I was planning to give it to her for Christmas, but we didn't draw her name.  So I saved it for her birthday.  I was going to buy a white frame and paint it green, but I found a frame that was already green and I was like, "Score!"

 Zach waiting for the movie to start!  He's so excited!

 Emily with her picture.  He really liked it a lot.

 When she pulled the apron out of the gift bag, she said, "I've been thinking that I wanted an apron!"  I think she likes it. :)

Zach and Emily.  She thinks I'm a pretty cool mom now.  Because our mom would never have let us go to a midnight show when we were twelve.

Oh, and this happened to my hair on Wednesday.  It's for my play.  The director wanted me to be blonde.  He likes it.  Which is good because it took five hours to get it this way.  I'm not even kidding.

No comments: