Thursday, June 17, 2010

Seeing Red

Zachary went to the doctor this morning, and got a new cast!  This will be his last one, and then he will get to wear a walking boot.  I am very excited about this.  The doctor said he wouldn't have to wear it at night, and he could take it off to take a bath!  I am most excited about this because it's not like they wash him before putting on the next cast.  They just air it out for a second while they x-ray him and get the new cast ready.  Ew.  It's gross.  After his appointment, he was playing the computer, and I said, "Oh, I need to take a picture of your new cast."  He says, "Okay."  and sticks his leg out, continuing to play.  When he gets his cast off, Kurtis has come up with a new rule.  No more computer until they learn to ride a bike!  None of them know how to do this!  It's amazing to me their lack of motivation for this.   I don't understand it.  Maybe it would help if I actually had a bike too.  They don't believe me when I tell them I actually, in fact, do know how to ride a bike.  They are just too expensive! :P


It's red!


This game requires such concentration.

4 comments:

Katrina and Brian said...

My six year old has no desire to ride a bike either. I don't know what it is, kids these days, makes me sound so old.

Michele said...

Hey that's one of our summer goals too- to learn to ride bikes. Ana has a new one that is the right size but way bigger than her last one so she is nervous on it and my youngest two need to learn- henry is happy with not using pedals and william sees no need to take off the training wheels. Hm now that I typed that I'm feeling a bit of potty training dejavu- what's the need? Only Henry was way excited for his fish to ride a bike. I told you about Brian's old boss that never learned how to ride a bike and it made me afraid my oldest 2 kids would never learn because I was too pregnant to teach them and Brian worked many many hours at that job? They did eventually learn. Did that make any sense or just sound weird?

Stacey said...

My boys would play computer/video games all day long if I let them. I have to force them to do something else.

sweetlissybug said...

Michele, I remember that story. I have no excuses. I just don't know how to help them know what to do. Maybe if I had a bike I could show them. :P