Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Three For the Price of One!

Sunday, I went to my parent's house for Father's Day.  I was going to blog all about this sooner, but I left my camera at their house.  Bummer, bummer bummer.  I was going to blog about how Saturday, Kaleb and Riley put on their swimming suits and ran through the fun, silly sprinkler we bought them.  Then I was going to blog about Father's Day, and how awesome it was to go see my dad.  I really like giving people presents.  I really like watching their eyes light up when they see the awesome present I found for them.  It makes me happy.  Kurtis got the new Gorillaz album he'd been pining for since it came out and a previous Gorillaz album that he'd been pining for for years.  Every time we'd go to Walmart or Target, he would look for it.  Well, I found it.  So I am awesome.  I got my dad John Denver's greatest hits album, and Neil Diamond's greatest hits album.  He loves them.  He was pretty excited, and he doesn't really show much excitement very often.  Then I left my camera at their house, and I couldn't post all that awesomeness.  Emily tried to call me to let me know I'd left it, but I had left my phone at home, so I didn't get the message until I got home.  Devastation.  I love taking pictures and will often just take pictures just to take them.
Today, was Emily's friend's wedding reception, and she promised me she would bring it.  She's so awesome, because now, I have my camera back!  It was so fun to see some friends at the reception (remember Joel and Spencer?)  They were there.  And Emily's friend Alayna.  Alayna and Spencer are dating now, and I take complete credit for it.  I really do.  That's a story for another blog, though, and I will only blog about it if you leave a comment asking me to.  Muwahahahha!  I was thinking I would see how it all plays out, and tell the story later.  Like in 3 or 4 years.... ;)
It's good to have my friend back.  Because yesterday, Kristie colored my hair.  All my blond highlights are gone, and replaced with just red.  Dark red where my previous red was, and red red where the highlights were.  I love it!  It's so much fun.  Now, because I couldn't blog like 3 or 4 different times in the last five days, I have a slew of pictures for you.  Enjoy!


The wacky caterpillar sprinkler.
My kids act like they don't know what to do when we tell them to run through the sprinklers.  I mean, really?  What could be more basic than that?  So Kurtis thought he should just put them in the water rather than having them run along the edge, not getting wet.  What's the point if you don't get wet!?


Riley finally got the idea, and ran through it a couple of times.


Then laying in the sun.  Just like we did when we were kids.


Gorillaz!  These are very enjoyable albums, and I really like them.  Happy Father's Day, Love Muffin! :D


My dad!  See the excitement on his face!  He loves them.


Spencer and Joel.  What a beautiful wedding!


Freaking awesome cake.


Freaking awesome cake topper.  Where was this when I was getting married?


I love this picture of the bride.  She's so beautiful.


Emily and Alayna!  They're so cute!

My new 'do! Look how it shines!

1 comment:

Michele said...

You look younger with your new hair color. It's a good color on you. It is good those wedding accessories and attire were not available 10 years ago- I would have love love loved them, but I don't think I would 15 years from now, because now I love them for someone else. Okay, that sounds like weird phrasing and I hope it makes enough sense, Brian is waiting for me to walk Sadie with him and they are waiting outside and I don't have time to reread what I said, but I probably could have in the time it took me to write all this other stuff and swat at the misquito buzzing around me.