Sunday, July 18, 2010

Happy Birthday July Babies!

There are a lot of July birthdays in our family.  Ben's, mine, Rodney's, and our mom's.  So this year, Ben and I thought it would be fun to have a party for all of us born in July.  Well, actually, since Ben's is the 7th, Rodney's is the 12th, and mine is the 10th, we thought why not just have a combined party for the three of us.  Then I thought, what the heck, let's just throw Mom in there too! :)  Hers is on the 21st.  We had it on my birthday.  And boy did we party!  We had ice cream cake.  It was a devil's food cake with cookie dough ice cream.  So yummy.  There was cheese and crackers, candy, and soda pop.  What more can you ask for in a party, eh?  Then we opened presents.  The kids played PlayStation games, and the adults chatted.  After presents, Ben wanted to leave so he could get back to his girlfriend.  She couldn't come because she had to work.  What a bummer.  Ben and Rodney didn't invite any other friends.  Which I thought was weird.  Hel-lo!  It's a party!  Ben told me there wasn't any one cooler than Melinda (his girlfriend) to invite, and Rodney said, "I'm going out with my friends on Monday."  Lame.  So my bestest friend Nicole was the only one of my friends (that I invited) who could make it.  Well, they missed out.  It was awesome!

Isn't this cake scrumptious looking?!

Ben is 19, Rodney - 26, Me - 31, and Mom will be 58!  Hooray for us! :)  My dad said we should do this every year!
Here's Mom opening her Mo-Tab DVDs from Kurtis, me, and the kids.
Rodney got her a Paul Simon CD, and she loves it.  This is when Nicole and I told her she didn't have to turn her Cd's of just because her kids said to.

Then it was Rodney's turn.  He really liked the books we got him.

I asked Ben what he wanted for his birthday.  He said, "I don't know."  And I replied, "Well, you're no help."  Then like a week later, he texted me, and said, "I thought of something you could get me for my birthday."
"What's that?"  "A giant box of fruit snacks."  Emily said, "Is that really a box of fruit snacks?" when she saw the box.  We laughed, and said, "Yeah!  It's what he wanted!"  :)

I went last because it was my birthday.  I told Kurtis to take pictures of me opening my presents, and he took a bunch of pictures of my face.  So here's one of me actually opening my presents.  It's from my sister in Minnesota.  It was some raspberry syrup from the Split Rock Lighthouse.  Awesomeness!  I love that stuff!  Thanks, Michele, Mom, Nicole, Kurtis, Grandma Day, Grandma Sharp, and Aunt Sally for all my great haul!  You rock!  :D

2 comments:

Michele said...

Glad you guys had a great party! :)

Stacey said...

Raspberry syrup...YUMMY! You are one lucky girl!