Thursday, July 22, 2010

Primary Parade

I love when I can blog about something the day it happens.  It's so much better.
Our Primary (Primary is Sunday school for the children ages 3-12.  It's fun.  They enjoy it.  I used to teach Primary, but don't any more.) had a Primary Activity this evening.  It was really awesome.  The kids loved it.  They had a Primary Parade!  Hee hee hee!  It just sounds so ridiculous to adults, but guess what - it's not about the adults in the Primary!  It's about the kids. :D  I love it!  Earlier today, the boys and I decorated their bikes for the parade.  Then at 6:30, I sent them down to the cult-a-sac where they were scheduled to meet.  Then, at 7:00, Kurtis and I got out our camp chairs, set them at the end of the driveway, and waited for the fun to start.

They started at the west end of the street, and holy crap, it was awesome!

Bishop Wilson and his wife on their tandem bike.  I want one! :D

Some of the parents pulled their littler ones in wagons.  Cute Pioneer girls!

This dad said he didn't think they were walking so far.  Up the street isn't that far, silly! :D

Jessica, her dad, and Carrie (her primary teacher).  Jessica is the down-syndrome girl who used to be in my Primary class.

Finally my boys passed us by! :)

Kaleb came home because he couldn't find me.  Apparently, even though I said they could find it on their own, he felt I should have gone with them, and was so traumatized, he had to sit out the parade.  Until the end when they passed out the treats.

Then, they turned around and came back down the street.

Jessica's dad decided he needed a turn riding her bike. :)

Kaleb had fun hitting his dad with the balloon.  He he he.

What a brilliant, and fun activity for our kids.  Simple to put together, and they had so much fun being the spotlight of the neighborhood.  It was really fun to watch, too.  :)

3 comments:

Stacey said...

This is AWESOME! I'm so sad I missed it! What a great activity! I'm glad you shared the pics.

Rach said...

That is such a great idea!!! Why am I not doing this for our summer activity???

Michele said...

Cute! :)