Friday, July 16, 2010

Zoo Day!

My bestest friend Nicole, and I took our kids to the zoo on July 8th!  It was hot.  I got sunburned on my neck.  But the kids loved eating their lunchables and the treats I brought along.  Riley was disappointed that he didn't get to see the wolves.  They were hiding somewhere.  We got to see the baby elephant.  Her name is Zuri.  She's very cute.  They have an exhibit this year called Nature's Nightmares.  It was pretty cool.  They have bats that fly around (but they weren't because they were sleeping), and a really big vulture that I only got blurry pictures of.  They also had piranhas.  That was freaking cool.  They glitter.  But I couldn't find Kaleb, so I didn't get a picture of them.  He kept doing that the whole day.  He would just run off with out the rest of us.  It freaks me out when I can't find him right away.  That's like my worst nightmare.  A missing kid.  But I found him.  He was just ready to leave the exhibit.  Then we went home, and I went to bunko that evening.

Spider Monkey

Zuri


Zuri likes to play in the sprinklers.

Spotted Leopard yawning.

Riley liked the leopard.

We rented a wagon so Zach wouldn't have to walk with his boot so much.  That's Treasure pulling him up the hill.

Gorilla butt!

Eating ice cream cones.

Green tree python  He's pretty.

Blurry vulture.  He was really big, too.


4 comments:

Emi-chi said...

I went to the zoo last Friday! It was awesome. :) Also it was funny, because we kept running into Ben & Melinda even though he didn't want to be around us, since they were on a date, haha.

sweetlissybug said...

That is funny! I wish I had been there! :D

Michele said...

The zoo is always awesome :) You got some great pictures.

Stacey said...

I love going to the zoo...looks like you guys had a blast despite the heat. I LOVE the picture of the snake! It is pretty, like you said!