Friday, July 23, 2010

I Think My Husband Might Be Trying to Kill Me

Seriously.  Why would he do such a thing?  Well, I am pretty selfish.  What makes you think he's trying to kill you?  Well, he often tells me he thinks it'd be cool if I knew how to ride a motorcycle.  He thinks female motorcyclists are sexy.  Good for him.
I like driving my car.  It has four wheels.  They are solid, don't tip over easily.  But the thing I like most about driving in a car is the radio.  I love being able to listen to music.  You can't do that on a motorcycle.  I love the wind in my hair, and singing at the top of my lungs to my favorite bands.  Learning the words to the songs, just so I can sing along is something that brings me joy.  Music is the one thing that make life bearable.  When I am doing tasks I despise (like weeding or cleaning), it is the only thing that makes them tolerable.
After having said that, it would be way totally cool if I knew how to ride a motorcycle.  I mean, seriously,  wouldn't I just look smoking on this:

Oh, yeah!  I'm more of a cruiser girl.  Kurtis likes the bullet bikes. 
Here's his bike:

The kids like to ride on the back, but I haven't had much opportunity to do so.  I said on our next date, we should take the bike.  But he wants me to have a helmet first.  Sigh.  Where's his sense of danger?!

Next year, I may be taking the motorcycle safety course and getting a motorcycle endorsement on my drivers' licence.  But not this year.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Awesome! And you could wear those zebra striped high heels. :) Both bikes look awesome. You should do it. Because i only dream that I really would, I don't think in real life I would. Maybe in a sidecar, that's sexy, right? hahahaha:)

Stacey said...

I could totally see you riding a motorcycle. You would look way smokin' on that first bike. Good luck!

By the way, I totally agree with you on the music comment. I love music and have it playing all the time. When I'm in the car, I always have music going. It does make life better!