Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Something to Avoid in the Future

I went to the DVM today.  I brought my kids along.  They promised to be good.  I told them to sit in a chair, and wait quietly.  Zach brought a sword.  I don't remember telling him he could bring a sword.  He said, "Can I bring something to play with."  I wasn't paying attention to what he brought, though.  I was just glad they were all in their seat belts when I got in the car.  Kaleb brought his stuffed animal, but didn't play with it.  He ran around the chairs instead of sitting on them.  Then tried to take Zach's sword away while I was getting my papers processed.  Riley brought a book about monsters in Dungeons and Dragons.  (I am pretty much horrified that my husband is teaching my children to play D&D, but there really isn't anything I can do about it.  I guess it is helping Zach with his math skills.)
Kaleb was running around, then started a fight with his brothers, and then came whining to me that they weren't being nice to him.  So I told him to just stay by me if he wasn't going to sit down.  He didn't want to do that.  Then he said he needed to go to the bathroom.  I lied and told him there wasn't one, and he would have to hold it until we got back.  That's what I wanted him to do.  Then the lady behind the counter said, "No, we do have a restroom."  It's over there.  Great.  So I sent Riley to take Kaleb to the bathroom.  I also asked him to give me the book so it wouldn't be taken into the bathroom.  He refused to give me the book.  Not long after that, I was done, and sat down to wait for Riley and Kaleb.  Then Zach and I hear a commotion going on in the restroom.  Amplified because it is a restroom.  Zach gets up, and says he will go (limp, is more like it) check on them.  When he gets in the bathroom, he immediately starts yelling at them.  More noise.  Great.  I go check on them.  Yeah.  I really don't care about going in a boys bathroom after my kids if they are acting like idiots.  Apparently, Riley had turned the water on too high, and made it spray all over everyone - and the book!  My whole entire visit was less than half an hour.

4 comments:

Michele said...

I'm not sure if I should laugh with you or cry with you. It's funny from my side of the fence, but I have been frustrated and thinking year round school would have been a blessing this summer. For example all the times at swimming lessons in the changing room where my kids think because they are in an enclosed space no one can hear them and it's amplified and of course they find inappropriate things absolutely funnier than at any other time and people probably think I am abusing my kid because I make him shower and he cries and yells until it's done and even though he loved swimming in the pool he wasn't really smiling it was his grumpy smile because he hates getting a shower.

sweetlissybug said...

It's just annoying really. It's not like we had to wait in line for 4 hours or something. Church is longer than that, and they are better behaved. By the way, I got your package today and am really excited to open it on my birthday! :)

Michele said...

Happy Birthday! (Yesterday) I am guessing you were not surprised when you opened your present. :) Lucky me for getting it there on time! I am sort of accomplishing my new year's resolution to send people their birthday cards before their birthday(Brian's sister was not as fortunate since she lives farther away). Baby steps.

Michele said...

Ah ha ha! I just scrolled down and noticed your back to school count down. :) I love it! I am going to have to get one of those. :)