Thursday, July 15, 2010

Happy Independence Day! Well, We Hope You Had One Anyways...

I've been meaning to blog about a lot of things.  July is a busy month for us, so I've decided I will blog every day until I am caught up in all the excitement we've been living in.  It's been a lot of fun.  For the 4th of July weekend, I wanted to go see our city's firework display, but Kurtis didn't, and the kids were really uncooperative, so we just went to my friend's firework stand and bought our own.  Then we got the kids Slur pees and Kurtis and I shakes from Arctic Circle.  Mine was raspberry cheesecake.  So yummy!  I am also very fond of chocolate cookie dough shakes, though (for future references - you, know, if you ever need to bribe me to do something).  Then Sunday, we lit our fireworks off.  Kurtis was all, "Are you sure we should?  It's Sunday."  I just looked at him like he was nuts and said, "Yes!  It's the fourth of July!"  Then he said, none of the other neighbors are, but that wasn't true because the neighbors down the street from us were.  Not everyone was, but the next day, we were going to my mom's so, I wanted to do them on the 4th.
Monday, after lunch, we went to my mom's house.  We made cookies, and had hot dogs for dinner.  Then we lit off our fireworks that are daytime fireworks.  The tanks, smoke bombs, pop pops, etc.  Then we went to the big show at Pioneer Park.  It was way awesome!  We got a spot right near where they get lit off!  We could watch them being shot out of the cannons if we didn't look up at the sky.  The kids love it!  It was their first big show.

Kaleb and his sparkler.

Riley doing snaps.

Russian Roulette

One of our fountains.

The Tiki Fountain.  He was awesome!  His eyes lit up, and fire was supposed to shoot out its mouth, but it didn't, so, Riley, being the little smart a** that he is, said, "Hey!  It didn't shoot fire out its mouth!"  Sometimes the fireworks don't always work the way they say they will, bud.

Mini cupcakes!  Yum!

 Smoke bombs!

My boys, waiting for the show to begin.


 Just a couple from the show.

Do you see how long my posts would be if I just combined them all into one?  Yeah.  I thought you would appreciate the shorter version.  What a great weekend!  But I didn't get to play WOW until Tuesday! :(


1 comment:

Michele said...

Awesome!! happy fourth!