Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hit That Button There - The One That Just Says Wrong

The day after Christmas, we went to Temple Square.  I did take pictures.  They turned out nice.  Then on December 30th, we went to the annual D.I. party.  It wasn't the worst night ever, but let me just be honest here.  I thought it was a family party.  Instead, Kristie invited her friends and even though we drew names at Thanksgiving, decided to totally bag that whole idea.  I don't really like being blindsided by things like that.  If she was going to make it a party with her friends, she should have asked me how I felt about it.  Because it was a family party.  She did that to me last year, too, and it pissed me off then.  Just like it pissed me off this year.  That was the end of the year for us.  Now, you are all caught up on what we did during the Holidays.

Today, I am numb.  Just freaking numb.  I was dealing with the kitchen situation.  I had made peace with the fact that I will have an un-level kitchen floor until we get our tax return.  Life was returning to somewhat normal.  Then I woke up this morning.  Everybody decided to flush the toilets at the same time, and there was no water pressure.  No big deal.  Just wait for them to stop running and the water will return to normal, right?  Nope.  We could hear water running through the pipes for about an hour and a half after that, and if you ran the water, it would just trickle.  I asked Kurtis how the pressure was in the shower and he checked it.  Said it seemed fine.  So I decided to work out, call the plumber, and then shower.
After my work out, my sweaty, forty-five minute work out, I didn't hear the water running in the pipes any more, and when I turned on the water, the pressure seemed fine.  I decided not to call the plumber, and played Farmville for a bit before I took my shower.  When I finally got into the shower, I turned it on (seemed fine), and undressed while I waited for the water to get warm.  When I went to get in the shower, the water was trickling.  I tried again and watched as the water went from okay pressure to trickling.  I'm cold, I'm naked, and I'm not going to get a shower.  I am ready to cry.  I did the best I could hygienically, got dressed, and called the plumber.  They said that they would come between 3 and 5 (closer to 5).  It's 5:23, and they are not here yet.  Kurtis asked me to turn the main water off just in case, and so I have been without water since 12:30.  You never really realize how important water is to everything until it is unavailable.  I learned that lesson on December 20th.  Do I really need to learn it again, so soon?  Seriously?
Chances are, I'm not going to get a shower tomorrow either. :'''(

Update:  The plumber just called.  He's just finishing up a job, and should be here shortly.   They better not charge me after-hours rates.  :(

Update #2:  Yay!!! He came and he conquered!  Kurtis can't remember what he called the part, but it had stuff in it.  Apparently the water that comes from the city is really high pressure, and this takes it down a few notches and makes it work for our house.  He cut the pipes and soldered a new one on.  The soldering set off the fire alarms a few times, but we got a fan and that got it under control.  Then when he ran the water, the pipes sang a few times, but he fixed it.  Kurtis says that the rate the water was going through the pipes needed to be adjusted and that's why they were making noise.  So hurray!  I get to take a shower tomorrow! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please rewind... I thought that the insurance company was going to fix the floor? Why are you having to wait for a tax return for them to fix it?

Oh, and I hope that you get your water fixed soon. One kind of interesting thing, that recently happened to my mom. Check the washers in your faucets. Due to one stupid washer, her whole house lost it's pressure... Weird.

Kristie said...

Ok WOW! You know I can see this right?