Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I Could Skate From Maine To Nebraska

I'm going on a trip tomorrow.  It's very exciting.  I've never flown on an airplane all by myself before.  I'm a little nervous, but I'm stopping in Denver and meeting my younger sister.  Then we are getting on the same flight to Minnesota.  Where else would I go?  It seems like I was just there! :D
So I was looking at the TSA's website and checking out all the rules of things you can and cannot put on your carry on luggage.  It was all really interesting, and most things make sense.  I wouldn't want somebody to bring their meat cleaver or spear guns or cattle prods in to the passenger area.  Those just make sense.  If you are bringing home your ninja throwing stars, you need to check your bag.  But one thing in particular caught my eye.  You are not allowed to bring your dumbbells or your hand weights, but you can bring your ice skates.  What?  I get that dumbbells are heavy, so perhaps this is a weight issue, but ice skates have sharp blades on the bottom of them.  They are supposed to be kept as sharp as possible to glide on the ice.  That's why you put those little covers on them, so you don't cut yourself when you are slinging them over your shoulder and while flirting with that cute guy in Biology.
So all I know is if terrorists take over my plane, I'm going to be looking for that little girl with big Olympic dreams.  We'll take them down together.

1 comment:

Des said...

That is so crazy! I have often thought about what we would need to do if Emma ever went to a competition out of state and now I know. We can just carry those little suckers right on the plane with us. But I better leave my finger nail clippers at home. They could really hurt someone. ;) Have fun on your trip!