Friday, January 6, 2012

If the Bombs Go Off the Sun Will Still Be Shining

So.  Yeah, I haven't blogged in an eternity.  Two weeks without a blog post?  You must feel so deprived!  Yeah, well.  I haven't been a very happy person these last few weeks.  Not that I am really all that cheerful on a regular basis, but I mean these past two weeks have not been very fun for me, but I am adapting to the hole in my kitchen.  No, it's still not fixed.  But I am adapting.  Let's play catch up on Christmas blogging before we go there, though.  I'm sure you are dying to know how awesome our Christmas was in 2011.
What did I blog about before I blogged about my crisis.  Yes, to me, it is a crisis.  It's not Kurtis breaking Zachary's leg.  That was Zachary's and Kurtis' crisis.  I handled that beautifully.  Now, it should be everybody else's turn to keep me from freaking out.  They really suck at it, though.  I mean that.  I'm not just being sarcastic.  I mean, really.  Why can't they just stop being such self absorbed little children?
Oh, yes.  Before my kitchen crisis of 2011, it was Kaleb's birthday!  Best birthday ever, too.  The next day, he had a school program.  I video taped it.  I've been meaning to put it up here because it was only half an hour, and it was really cute!  I'll work on it tonight.  It's the third time I've seen it, but it was still really cute.  I think they did do something a little bit different this year, but Riley's in third grade now.  That was two years ago.  How am I supposed to remember that?
Then there was Christmas Eve at my grandma's house.  She's moved into an assisted living situation, but she still has her house (just in case she doesn't like it there).  My uncle was really having a cranky day (when isn't he?).  As soon as my children walked in the door, he told them to stop rough housing inside.  Seriously?  That man has anger issues.  At dinner, he was really close to freaking out at his four-year-old granddaughter who spilled a tiny bit of her drink on her shirt.  Sometimes, I really want to punch him.  She's four!  Lighten up!  It's not like she took her cup and dumped it out all over the floor on purpose.  I think I helped him calm down, though.  I told her, "It's alright.  You just got the tiniest drop on your shirt.  No worries."  And told him with my mind to go get therapy.  One time, my grandma told me that he was such a sweet baby until Grandpa wouldn't let him have a pacifier.  "No child of mine is going to become dependent on these confounded contraptions!"  Something like that.  Sounds like Grandpa needed to lighten up a bit back then, too.  After that, it was all downhill for my uncle.  I'm really quite tired of it though.  Nobody should put up with him any more.  I wonder if anybody has ever tried to tell him to calm down.  I may have used those words that night.  I can't look him in the eye, though.  If he ever wondered why his nieces and nephews avoided him when they were growing up, that would be why.  I really like that little girl.  She just needs him to love her.
But the thing that baffles me about this situation is that everybody just ignores it.  Like, oh, that's just our brother.  He he.  He'll never change.  If he had an alcohol or drug problem would you say the same thing?  Probably not.  Or maybe they would.  My mother's family does seem to like to hide things, and just sweep them under the rug like it's not really there.  Yay!  Dysfunction!
But inspite of his problem with life, we still had a pretty good time.  My brother's girlfriend, Lili, came.  I like hanging out with her.  And my sister Emily was there, too.  Sweet!  My cousin was in charge of the nativity this year and she rocked it.  Super short and done with the little ones holding up dolls.  Much better than mine last year.  We played Christmas trivia and Christmas charades.  Everyone thinks that because I am an actress I will be good at that game.  Well, I got Christmas Day.  Seriously?  %@*$!  That's what I say to that.  I'm not good at that game, and being an actress does not make me good at that game.  You know what makes you good at that game?  Playing it.  Frequently.  Other people got Candy cane and Christmas tree.  Sooo much easier.  Even Stocking is easier than Christmas Day!
 Emily has purple hair now! :D  I love it!

 That's my uncle playing with my kids.  He's the fun uncle.  Not the angry uncle.

 Riley thinks Jeremy is a horse.

 Tickle time!

 There were a couple of announcements at this super fun party!  My cousin (on the right) is engaged!  To that guy on the left.  Maybe that is why they are holding hands.  No date set yet.  She wants to graduate first and is supposed to in May.  Lucky girl.

 Christmas Trivia.

 Tickle time!

 My cousin, reading the nativity.

The kids and their participation part.  They just played with the dolls and didn't really hold them up much.

After all the fun, my fun uncle told me to go and take pictures of everyone.  So I did.  These are my cousins.  Oh, and the other announcement is that another cousin (the one on the right in the blue shirt) is also getting married in May!  Yay!  I love weddings!

Enough updating for now.  I'll post again later.  Maybe.

1 comment:

Kellee said...

You make me laugh...my favorite--I told him with my mind to go to therapy :) Love you!