Sunday, January 15, 2012

So I'll Spend My Christmas With You

I did it!  I almost bagged the whole project because I didn't record everything, and when I watched it, it was so completely boring that I just wanted to gouge my eyes (and ears) out.  Oh, I'm sorry.  You have no idea what I am talking about.  Well, I finally edited the footage of Christmas, and opening presents.  It was half an hour long, and soooo boring.  Because my kids don't just tear into their packages.  Sometimes the do, but most of the time, they wanted to savor the process or something and it was really hard to watch.  Especially when it came to watching my brother open his present from us.  He moves so slowly!  And to top it all off, there was one part, where I thought I had turned off the camera, set it down, and filmed my knee!  What the heck?  Also, as I am watching what happens before my knee, I am realizing that I must have accidentally hit the off button while I was recording because half of the presents being opened are gone!  What?  Technical difficulties.  Ugh.  In the end, the entire film is five and a half minutes.  Which makes me extremely happy.  The best part is at 1:39.  Kaleb says the funniest thing ever.  Well, I thought it was any way.


Oh, and that really awesome drum roll sound at the beginning of the video, isn't really a drum roll.  It's that frigging fan that we had going for five days to dry out our house.  It's kind of cool at the beginning there, but then it doesn't stop, so it starts to get weird.

Christmas day, we went opened presents, went to church, visited Kurtis' family, and then visited my family.  I got to talk to my brother who is in Brazil!  Woo hoo!  It was so good to hear his voice, and I can't wait for him to come home in September! :)

1 comment:

abby said...

i am impressed with your editing skills! that is a great video and you will love watching that when the boys are grown up. loved kaleb's cute comment too! good thing he didn't really see santa!