Tuesday, January 24, 2012

We All Need a Fix; I Guess I Need One Too

Remember the picture I showed you of my basement with the fans and the dehumidifier?  Well, after they were done drying out the place, there were holes in my ceiling and in the wall.  Tom came over a few days later and patched them up.  Then he came back and mudded some more and textured the ceiling to get it to match.  The he let it dry again, and in a few days, came back to sand and paint it.  The second time he came over, he put some paint on the wall and ceiling to see if the paint he got matched.  The wall was too dark, but the ceiling looked like it matched, so I told him that painting just the area that was being repaired would be fine.  He came, painted, and the wall looks great.  I love it.  But the ceiling, didn't match after all.
He's over here right now painting the whole entire ceiling.  Kurtis didn't want to move all the junk that was down there, so he was trying to tell me it was fine.  I just looked at him like he was crazy and said, "Why are you settling when we don't have to?  We move the stuff, and he comes back and fixes it.  It might not bug you, but it's gonna start to bug me, so I'll call them."  I let the paint dry for a few days before calling to be sure, and then all that plumbing stuff happened.
Now, I have to go through all my crap before I put it back.  Ugh.  I don't want to do that.  But at the same time, I do.  It's something I have been putting off for years.  It's time.  Right after I get back from Minnesota! ;)

 These are the holes in my wall.

And in the ceiling.

This one shows the paint didn't match after all.  Yes, it does.  Just look closer.
But the wall looks great!

 He's done, and it looks great!  I haven't seen the room this empty since we moved in!

 See?  No weird looking patch of white on white!  Yay! :)


No comments: