Monday, May 21, 2012

It's a Perfect Day For Making Out

Saturday, was the open house for my brother.  It was a perfect day.  We celebrated his marriage in the bowery of the church across the street from my parents' house.  It was a great party.  There was pie and a veggie tray.  Apparently, there was supposed to be ice cream, too, but my mom forgot it.  That's okay.  I got to take home a bucket for myself.  It's vanilla, though, so it was really for Zach.  He likes vanilla.  I only like vanilla ice cream when it is smothered in chocolate and caramel syrup.  Maybe put in a banana.  Also, apparently the address on the invitations was wrong and my mom tried to correct her mistake when she put it in the local paper, but they put the address in the paper wrong, too!  Lili and Michael put a sign at the fictional address so that people would be able to find the right place, but we can't help but wonder how many people missed out on the pie because of the mistake.  My second-cousin made it, though.  He and his wife found the sign.  But when the only thing that is messed up are the East and North (they were switched around), it's hard for your brain to catch the mistake.  My mom asked me to bring my camera, so I assumed she wanted me to take pictures.  I almost forgot.  I was manning the pie station and making sure everything was the way my mom wanted it to be and forgot to bring my camera to the pavilion.  I made Kurtis go and get it.  I wanted him to run really fast, but he doesn't do that.  He moseys.  But I still took a lot of pictures, and yes, I am going to post most of them right now.  Because you know you love it. ;)




I had Kurtis cut the pies the way my dad told us to.  Apparently, cutting pie will aggravate your carpel tunnel syndrome.  Who knew?






 When Lili saw Riley, she poked him and said with a really big smile, "You're my nephew."
Riley giggled, poked her back and said, "You're my aunt!"  
I think they like each other.






 I said, "Mom designated me the photographer of the night, so is there anything you want me to take a picture of ?- Besides the sunset!"
At the same time I said "Besides the sunset!"  Michael said, "The sunset."  It was classic.


 Lili's friend.

 My dad's cousin's son and his family. :)

 Smell this.

 Lili's friend (the one in the picture above) drew this picture.  Lili's mom said, "The artistic community gives such great gifts to each other."
I couldn't agree more.

 I was a nice sister and took a picture of the sunset. :D

Lili's mission president and his wife.  She went to Ireland.  I'm not jealous or anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank You again!!! It realy was a perfect wedding/reception/open house. Lili and I had a wonderful time and it was so good to see everyone. We only wish we could have spent more time individually with everyone. :)

love,


Michael (&lili)