Wednesday, May 7, 2014

In Which There Is Pomp and Circumstance

Friday, I went to my brother-in-law's graduation.  He graduated with a BS in Biotechnology from Utah Valley University.  The speeches were great.  One of the ladies speaking was a mother of five children who graduated with her daughter.  I thought that was really cool.
Joel is glad to be done with school though.  Well, maybe not.  He applied for graduate school at a few schools, but did not get into the programs.  Hopefully, he will get a job offer from one of the many interviews he has been to instead.  He's awesome.  He works hard and he deserves to have awesome things happen in his life.  I took some pictures.

 Look!  It's Joel's nose!  Those dang tassels always mess up my pictures.

 UVU's 73rd Commencement.  That guy in the funny hat is the dean of the college.

 The first Valedictorian said she wanted a selfie of the moment.
Sounds about right.

 She's adorable.  But I don't remember her name.

 This is the mother of five.  She doesn't look like she's old enough to have a daughter graduating.
Oh, and I don't remember her name either and I don't have a program to look it up.

 I know this picture is blurry, but I like it anyway.

 Awe!  So cute!  He came and hugged Emily - the love of his life.

 And the college of Exercise Science and Outdoor Recreation had a beach ball they tossed around.  This lady who was directing the traffic inside came and took it away and deflated it though.  Lame.

 The graduates and the dean.


Hooray for Joel!  Congratulations! It's a pretty big deal.

No comments: