Friday, May 30, 2014

In Which We Bid Farewell To Spring

Sunday was a lot of fun.  We went to my uncle's home for a dinner and birthday get together.  We haven't done that in a very, very long time.  When my grandmother was still living in her home (she lives in an assisted living center now), we would get together each month and celebrate all the birthdays in that month.  It was so fun to see all my cousins again and visit with them  Even though Riley broke his swing.  He's too big for the baby swings, but doesn't really seem to think he is.  He's eleven.  My aunt and cousin fixed it.  Which is good because my cousin's baby wanted to swing.  Then the boys ran around playing with my cousin's boys.  It was so fun.  I'm so glad we went.  My boys did not want to go home.  My grandmother accused me of not feeding Zach enough (He knows where I keep the food).  You know.  Typical family stuff.

Monday was Memorial Day.  We really didn't do much.  I changed my Facebook cover photo to my grandfather's grave.  He was in the Navy.  I did the laundry.  The kids played video games and chess with their friend until Kurtis was ready to go snow cone hunting.  None of the snow cone places were open yet.  We were bummed.  Then Kurtis and I went to the nursery to look at plants for the front yard.  We didn't buy any though.
I asked Kurtis if he wanted to go on a picnic and he agreed that would be fun.  We got dinner at Subway where the teenager working the register and I lamented that the snow cone places were not up and running yet. Then we took our blankets and chairs to the park with ducks and geese.  After the kids were done eating, they wanted to go play in the sand of the volleyball court.  I told them they could.  Then they started throwing it.  I was like, you guys are not two.  You know better.  They didn't listen, so we told them they couldn't play over there any more.  The boys and I decided to go check out the birds while Kurtis read  his book.  Soon after, Kurtis and I decided that we should go see if the snow cone place we drove past (it was setting up  shop as we passed) was open yet.  It wasn't.  So I took the kids to Baskin Robbins instead.  They loved it.  We all kind of didn't want to go back to school (or work) the next day.  I mean, what would the point be?  But alas.  School was not to be released until Friday (or today, if you'd rather).

I took pictures at the park:

No comments: