Monday, May 12, 2014

In Which We Visit the Third Grade Dragon King

I had a pretty busy weekend.  Starting Thursday, I woke up early and went to school with Kaleb.  His teacher discovered I make cards before Christmas, and has had me come make Christmas cards with the class, Valentines in February, and this week, we made a Mother's Day card.  It turned out pretty cute, and the kids love doing them.

This is the card we made.

After the card making, the kids started doing their book reports.  They had to dress up like one of the characters in their book and tell a part of the story from the point of view of that character.  Kaleb choose to be the Emperor in this book.  He also drove me nuts by waiting until Monday to even choose his book and read it.  I was actually pretty mad.  But he did great!  I got to watch him.  He wanted to go last, but I was all like, um.  I need to get ready for Stamp Club tonight by getting the laundry done, and cleaning the kitchen counters off, and cutting out all the stuff for it.  So he finally decided to do it.  He's a great kid.

Here is the book he chose.

 He had to have four aspects to his costume.  He's wearing my Sakura costume, the sword, the ring, and the paper hat I made him.  He put the hat on backwards.  The seam is not supposed to be showing.  I told him that and he said, "How is it on backwards?"  So I'm probably the only one who noticed.

 He looks pretty scared, but he did an excellent job. :)

And this is what we made for Stamp Club that night.  A Mother's Day card and a paper rose with a kiss inside.  They got to make four of them because they are little.  But cute.




No comments: