Sunday, May 4, 2014

In Which I Resume Something You Probably Thought I Stopped Doing. But I Didn't.

For today's Sacrament Meeting Art, we have another guest posting by Kaleb along with mine.
He loves contributing to this art series.

Sacrament Meeting Art #18:  May 4, 2014.
 His is a caterpillar in the moonlight.  I love that he used blue and purple for his night sky.  The moon also looks a lot like our moon did on Friday night after my play.  They came to see it that night, and I remember pointing it out to them on the way home.

And here is my Sacrament Meeting Art # 19:  May 4, 2014.
When I ask Kaleb what I should draw, he often tells me to draw Jesus on the cross, and I told him for Easter, I would.  Because Easter seems the most appropriate time for a picture like that, but I decided I didn't want to draw that after all.  I don't feel that I would do it justice.  So instead, I have drawn a picture of one of my favorite parts about the story of the Resurrection.
In Matthew 28:2, an angel comes down to roll the stone away from Christ's tomb.  After he scares the guards out of their wits, he does so.  Then he sits on the stone.  This has always made me laugh.  I can picture it - much like I drew it.  With the angel sitting on the stone and laughing with joy as well.  The Savior is risen!  What a glorious day!  Then he sits and waits for Jesus to emerge from the tomb and for the women to come, so he can tell them the news.
Mormons don't believe that angels have wings.  We believe they just look like people.  But Riley asked me to put wings on him and that is why his wings are brown and not white as snow.  I had already filled in the background when he asked.  So this angel's wings are special because they are more majestic like an eagle's wings.

No comments: