Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Boys Have Found A New Way to Drive Their Mother Nuts

A couple of Saturdays ago, Kurtis and I went to Home Depot for gardening supplies.  I remembered that people are afraid to ring our doorbell because it is broken, and even though it still worked, they were afraid to touch it.  I would even show them if they asked if the doorbell was broken.  That's not the point of this story, though.  While we were in the doorbell isle looking at all the wonderful doorbells, I noticed a wonderful product called the doorbell extender (or something like that).  As I investigated this product further, I realized it was probably exactly what we needed.  I never hear the doorbell when I am in the basement, and have always thought it was annoying.  We bought it, and while I fixed the doorbell, Kurtis hooked up the doorbell extender.  He plugged in the chime downstairs, and put the box with the microphone on top of the doorbell thingy that hangs on the wall and rings upstairs.  It works.  When somebody rings the doorbell upstairs, it chimes downstairs.  It's so awesome.  There's just one problem.  When the kids run around the house screaming upstairs, the doorbell rings downstairs.  A lot.

2 comments:

Michele said...

:) That's all I'm just smiling. :)

Stacey said...

LOL...that's funny! (Well, probably not to you when you are downstairs.)