Thursday, April 22, 2010

Now Go Wash Your Hands!

I swear, sometimes I just do not understand my children.  Today, Kurtis sent Riley and his friend to go find bugs outside for our frogs to eat (Our fish had babies and I really want them to eat the babies, but so far it's not happening.  They would rather go hungry).  So they were gone a good while when E's mom calls for me to send him home.  I'm not telling you his name.  His mom might get mad at me. :)  Anyway, Kurtis sent Zach to go and get them.  About five or ten minutes later, they come back and Riley explains, "We didn't find any bugs, so we picked up trash instead."  And I tell him to put it in the outside garbage.  Then E says, "I have some recyclables."  So we go in the garage, and he starts pulling the garbage out of his pocket.  Most of it wasn't recyclable, but the thing that horrified me was, he was pulling glass out of his pocket!  Broken glass!  Oh my goodness!  And he kept pulling and pulling it out of his pocket, so I proceeded to lecture them about safe trash pick up.  You wear gloves, and take a bag to put the trash in.  Don't put it in your pocket.  Things that would seem logical to me.  Then Riley says, "Mom, it's Earth Day.  We're just taking care of it."  Well, alright then.  Just next time, don't put glass in your pocket!

 Our baby fish!  Kurtis said he counted twelve of them!

1 comment:

Michele said...

the baby fish are cute, why eat them? What, you use gloves to pick up trash? heehee Speaking of trash clean up, next week is our semi-annual cub clean up the park day. the wolf den cleans up the hockey rinks, the bear den cleans up the baseball field, and the webelos den gets to go around the pond. You would not believe the anticipation to get to be a webelos and clean up the pond! I better remember my galoshes...