Sunday, April 25, 2010

Church Was...Interesting Today

Oh, speaking of frogs (in my last post), Kurtis found the frog that escaped in December.  Our dog didn't eat it, and throw it up after all.  Which is good for the dog, but apparently, the frog went downstairs (I did look for it, I promise), and because nobody could find him and put him back in the water frogs so desperately need for their delicate skin, he shriveled up and died.  Sadness.  But now I wonder what the heck the dog actually did throw up because that was really, really nasty.  If you would like a reminder of the incident I am referring to see the post in December 2009 titled "This Post Is Gross.  Those With Weak Constitutions Should Probably Stay Away"
My sister has a blog and on her sidebar, she has a list of things she never thought she would say.  It's very funny.  So once in awhile, I will post things I never thought I would say.  Here's one.  I was sitting with my Primary class this morning and one of the boys starts pretending to shoot out the lights while the Bishop is giving a short talk.  I turned to him and told him to stop shooting up the church.  He replied, "I'm trying to make it holy."  My response, and the thing I never thought I would ever say was:  "Shooting holes in the church is not going to make it more holy."  They released Kurtis and me this morning - before class.

4 comments:

Michele said...

good one! I laughed and laughed. :)

Michele said...

So what's your new calling? Did you get off scott free? You were lucky to get to be primary teachers together, but no calling at all, hmmm- one more tally for the bonus of living in Utah. I dream of someday having my married student ward calling back- making a poster for Homemaking every other month.

sweetlissybug said...

They haven't given us something new yet, but they also said it was coming. I'm frightened.

Stacey said...

You won't be off the hook for long. It's always a little frightening getting new callings, especially when you don't know what it is. You will do great at anything though!