Friday, April 23, 2010

What Is It With You and Frogs?

Hey, I didn't pick the book!  But really.  They are my favorite animal.  I just wanted to show you some pictures of the book report diorama Zach had to do for his final book report this year.  At least, it had better be his final one because I am so freaking tired of all of his school projects.  Projects are only fun when I want to do them.  We did it all yesterday because it was due today.  I know.  I KNOW!  I just kept forgetting about it, and then remembering and forgetting.  I really wish teachers would not tell me about stuff right before the kids go on a week long vacation from school. :P  It turned out pretty awesome.  Because who did most of it?  Oh, yeah.  That was me.  He got 50 out of 50 for this particular project.  Which is good because I deserve that way awesome grade after walking to the craft store (it rained yesterday, so Kurtis got the car), spending about $60 (I always seem to get way more stuff than I need), and putting it all together.  Zach typed the fun facts, drew and cut out the tadpoles and clouds.  Kurtis helped me with one of the origami frogs.  I made the one that still has his tail.  Oh, yeah.  The book was Frogs by Gail Gibbons.

 Frog Facts

 I used googley eyes for the frog spawn (eggs)

These are Zach's tadpoles.


These are the origami frogs Kurtis and I made.  Mine is the tadpole with forelimbs in the front, and Kurtis' is the adult frog.  They like to eat grasshoppers.

In this picture, you can see the snake Zach picked to use.  I cut half of it off to make it look like it was coming out of the grass.  The grass is actually a stamp I have.

The finished project!  Yay us.  We did great. :D

2 comments:

Michele said...

Beautiful project! You all did an amazing job. :)

Wendy said...

That is awesome!