Monday, March 17, 2014

Behold Your Little Ones

Sorry I didn't post this one yesterday, but I was exhausted and didn't take the picture of it until after the sun had gone down and then I didn't like the lighting, so I decided to just wait until today and take a new picture.  Turns out, getting up was rather difficult today, too.  Funny how not getting enough sleep Saturday night can transfer into not getting enough sleep come Monday morning.  Such is life and that is a story for another day.
Here it is though, my Sacrament Meeting Art #13.

Sacrament Meeting Art #13: March 16, 2014.
Sacrament Meeting Art #13:  March 16, 2014.  Behold Your Little Ones.  I know it doesn't look like it, but all of the children are smiling and the parents standing behind Jesus, are looking on in awe.  Not horror.  Dang it.  Crayons can be really hard to work with some times.
This story can be found in The Book of Mormon.  After Jesus was resurrected, he stayed with his disciples for forty days and taught his disciples more.  Then he left them and ascended into heaven (Acts 1).
In The Book of Mormon, Jesus visits the Nephites to teach them and establish his church on the American continent.  While He was there, He taught the people His gospel.  He healed their sick and ailing.  He performed many miracles and the people did not want Him to leave.  In Chapter 17, Jesus asks the people to bring their children to Him.  He blesses them and then he says, "Behold, your little ones."  And they were surrounded by fire and inside the circle of fire, angels were administering to them.  This is also one of my favorite stories in The Book of Mormon

1 comment:

Michele said...

I like that story too. It reminds me of primary.