Sunday, March 2, 2014

In Memory Of Our God...

It's Sacrament Meeting Art day!  Woo hoo!  Today, we also have a guest artist.  His name is Kaleb.  He is nine years old, and he loves to draw.  We still have issues with his walls and I still find the occasional drawing (usually in pencil) on my dinner table.  So you know this is going to be good.  I think I will start adding his drawings here every week from now on, too.  Hmmm.  Maybe I shouldn't.  Then you will see how close to a nine year old's my drawings are...

 Sacrament Meeting Art #10:  March 2, 2014.
Captain Moroni and the Title of Liberty.  This is another story in the Book of Mormon.  You can read it here.  It's a pretty good story.  Captain Moroni rent his coat and wrote these words on it.  Then he put it on a pole, donned his armor and paraded through the streets of his home town.  I put a flame on his shield to signify his love for the gospel and Jesus Christ.
When I started, I forgot that he put on his armor, so that's why it looks a little strange, but it's alright.


This one is Kaleb's.  After he finished, he proceeded to make periodic, soft moans because he wanted me to give him some of the fruit snacks for my Primary class.  I wouldn't let him have any because it is Fast Sunday today.  But I tasted them yesterday and they are gooood!
Oh, then why did I give them to my class you ask?  Because we don't expect four-year-olds to fast.  They have not been baptized and technically aren't members of the church yet.  The manual says that if it is Fast Sunday, to not give the kids snacks during class, but I did any way.  When I mentioned this during class, one of my partners in crime responded, "Well, I don't remember fasting when I was four, so I think it's okay."  I agree.  And these kids love to tell us when they are hungry.  ;)

1 comment:

Michele said...

I love the art blog posts! :-)

...and as far as the snacks go as long as they eat in class so they aren't shoving it in the older kids faces it's fine. ;-) Plus 4 is still used to nursery where they get snacks and if church is during snack time (which it kind of always is since it's 3 hrs. long) then it helps at that age. Just my thoughts.