Tuesday, March 11, 2014

In Which My Lover Has A Birthday

Saturday was Kurtis' birthday.  I wanted to throw him a surprise party, but when I asked him if he wanted a party,  he looked like he was going to freak out.  He denies this.  But he seemed like he was going to have a mild panic attack.  It was kind of like this:

Sheldon hyperventilating Big Bang Theory

So instead of doing something amazing for his 40th birthday.  Oh, did I forget to mention that?  Yeah. He's 40 now.  In about five years, he's going to die of a heart attack.  Well, I'm only kidding when I say that, but the thought still freaks me out.
For his birthday, we went grocery shopping.  I asked him what kind of cake he wanted me to make expecting him to say brownies or something like that.  He doesn't really like cake.  But not this time.  This time he just wanted some Nielsen's Frozen Custard.  So we grabbed a pint of Carmel Cashew (his favorite) and a quart of Bumbleberry (his other favorite) on our way home.  He also had a sundae and I had a single topper.  Chocolate is my favorite.  We also went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner.  Wait.  Didn't we do that last year?  Yeah, we did.  But we haven't been back to since, so I guess it's like his new tradition or something.  Then we came home, opened his presents and ate the frozen custard.
For him, it was the perfect birthday.  He's such an introvert.

 The birthday boy!

 Riley has decided he wants a new camera.  That one just isn't good enough any more.

 He loved the card my grandma made.

 And the balloon she gave him. :)

 Neji had to come give him some birthday kisses.
Actually, he really likes balloons.

 The card from my other grandma.

 And this is the picture I love the most.  He doesn't want me to show it to you, though.
It's his surprise face!  Hee hee!

 He was very excited about this one, but...

 he was most excited about these.  The Ring was on top and that's what made him do that face.
He said, "I've wanted this movie for like six years!"
Really?  That long?  Why didn't he just buy it then?  He's so silly.
These are his favorite scary movies.  And I have been planning this since Halloween when he said, "Man, I wish I had The Ring so I could watch it with my kids tonight.  Or The Messengers.  That one is really awesome, too."  So after the kids took their baths, Zach and Riley watched The Messengers with him.
Kaleb was too scared, so I told him I would sit in his room with him.  After he fell asleep, I came and watched the rest of the movie.
It was a good night.



1 comment:

Michele said...

Happy 40! Looks like a great birthday! I love the surprise face photo. :-)