Friday, March 7, 2014

In Which We Party Until the Cows Come Home (or more time travel)

I think it's time to travel back in time again.  Let's see, I blogged about Thanksgiving... So it must be time to blog about one of my favorite people.
That's right!  December 14, 2013 was Kaleb's birthday!!!!  Woo hoo!  Kaleb's birthday was a bit of a pain to plan this year.  Well, let's face it.  It's always a bit of a pain to plan because it's right before Christmas.  But this year, the people in charge of putting together the church Christmas shin-dig decided to make it a breakfast instead of a dinner and do it on Kaleb's birthday.  Had they consulted me (as they always should! Hee hee!), I would have told them that's not going to work for me.  Kaleb wanted to have his birthday party on his birthday, but that was not to be.  We held it on Friday afternoon instead.
He wanted a cow party.  A cow party?  Well, awesome.  What am I going to do for a cow party?  Visit a dairy?  That sounds fun, but as we drive a Civic and not a massive mini van, he would only be allowed to bring two friends.  He didn't like that.  So we played pin the tale on the cow, cow bowling, something else that I will figure out when I open up the pictures files.  I couldn't find the darts though.  I was going to stick balloons on the dart board and let them pop them, the darts were MIA.  I was sad.  That was the game I thought would be the most fun.  Oh!  I remember the other game now!  I had them write their favorite animal down on a piece of paper, then some random numbers.  Like one through ten or something.  Maybe it was twenty.  Crap.  I need to look this up.  Hang on.
Okay.  Here are the rules.  It's a very silly game.  They liked it, but it didn't last very long.
"This game is sure to have your guests “roaring” with laughter. As your guests arrive at the party, ask them to write down their favorite animal on an index card that you provide. Tell them to write down anything BUT the rooster. Then have them write 5 random numbers between 1 and 30.
Once everyone has done this, the wackiness can begin. You call out the numbers from 1 to 30. You can do this in numerical order or just call them out randomly.
When someone’s number is called, they have to act out the noise of the animal that they wrote down. Tell them to not be shy, either!
The first guest to have all 5 of her numbers called wins. However, in order for her to claim her prize, she has to stand up, bend her knees, flap her arms like wings, and crow like a rooster."
I found it on Pinterest.  Enough said.
After the games, we had cake and ice cream.  Kaleb wanted a chocolate fountain again and so I borrowed my dad's.  I guess I didn't buy enough chocolate though because it wasn't flowing.  I was bummed.  We still did our best to get the fruit and candy I got for it dipped though.  It was delicious.  Just not all that impressive.
After cake and ice cream and chocolate dipping came presents!  I think that's Kaleb's favorite part.

 Here are my crazy cow invitations.  I did make a how to video, but you can totally see my email address and phone number and home address on them, so I will not be posting that until I figure out how to blur that information.

 Here are the treat bags I made.  I got the bags at the dollar store and just covered up the dinosaur on them with a cow.

 His cake.

 The chocolate fountain.  Did I say I got fruit to dip.  Yeah, I guess I didn't.  I was trying to be cheap, so this spread isn't all that impressive at all.

 Another shot of the bags.

 Kaleb's friend playing pin the tale on the cow.  I did make that out of poster board.  I really could have used an extra day to get this party ready, but meh.

 Zachary playing the game.

 Here, you can see how they all won because they all cheated.  Except the first kid.  He didn't cheat.  He just won.  I can't remember which kid that was though.

 Cake Time!!!

 They all pretty much looked like this after the chocolate dipping.

 Making a wish!

 This kid won't sit still.

 He still wasn't sitting still even if it looks like it.

 I think this was his favorite toy.

 This one was really, really cool too though.  It's hard to choose.

He really liked all of his presents.

Oh, Riley got all jealous and asked me why I didn't plan more games for his party, but I just rolled my eyes and said, "Because we made those t-shirts.  That was enough work for me!"  Silly kid.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Awesome job on the party! Everything looks great and like a lot of fun.