Sunday, March 9, 2014

In Which the Fire Burns and the Sun Rises

 Sacrament Meeting Art #11:  March 9, 2014.
After I finished my Captain Moroni picture last week, there was still plenty of time to start another.  I started this one and got everything but the sky and the smoke done.  I finished it today.
Riley asked me three times what scripture story this is from.  It's not from a scripture story.  I just wanted to set something on fire, I guess.  The song "Fire In Babylon" by Sinead O'Connor was stuck her in my head, too.  Maybe that had something to do with it.  Little known trivia about me:  Sometimes that song just gets randomly stuck in my head.  So does "I Am Stretched on Your Grave."
Zachary said, "You drew a fire going after Grandma's house!"
Well, it isn't going that direction if you look at the way the wind is blowing.  It should pass her by without incident.  Nor is this my parents' house.  It looks nothing like that.  I love his interpretations though.  They make me laugh.

Sacrament Meeting Art #12:  Mach 9, 2014.
This one is the sun rising over the red rock mountains.  I wanted the mountains to have snow on them, but white crayon doesn't show up very well.  Actually, it doesn't really show up at all.  It's kind of frustrating.
But all the kids thought this one was pretty.


Just in case you haven't heard the song.  It's amazing.

No comments: