Thursday, July 26, 2012

Conundrum

Every time I ask Kaleb to go ride bikes with me he declines.  I think he should learn to ride his bike and we fixed his training wheels.  I just don't know what to do.  This was our conversation yesterday:

I was driving Kaleb to his friend's house to play, and I said to him, “You know, if you learned to ride your bike, you could ride it to X’s house.”
“I think I would get lost and not know the way.”
“I would ride with you the first time.  I have a bike now.”
“I need to learn to ride my bike before I ride my bike.”
“You need to ride your bike in order to learn how to ride your bike.”
“Oh.”
Aye-aye-aye!  What's a mom to do?

1 comment:

Michele said...

this all sounds so familiar only for us it's a car and a daughter. she took forever to ride a bike because she was so afraid of falling. I keep telling her she does not have 5 years to learn to drive a car. JUST DO IT! nayah.