Sunday, June 19, 2011

Don't Rain on My Parade!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011
   Today was awesome!  We slept in again, and then we went to a wonderful place called Big Stone Sculpture Gardens Mini Golf!  We had a little bit of a mix up with the directions of how to get there, and once we found it, it started to rain.  We didn't care.  The owners of the place lent us umbrellas and promised us if it got worse, we could get a rain check, but it stayed pretty mild right up until we were on the last hole.  It was so much fun, and the sculptures are so cool!

The sign when you pull in.

 The first hole.

Henry and I had trouble finding our balls after it went through the log.

 This is Zach, Riley, and Kaleb's first time mini golfing.

 Kurtis explains his golf technique while William punches his mom in the head.

 The holes are sculptures, but there are also sculptures through out the whole course.

 Taking turns can be so tiresome.

 Me being artistic with my camera.

 This is the 9th hole.  Maybe the 10th.  I can't remember.

 That's my ball, and yes.  I did make it in that hole.  No, not a hole in one, though.

 I like this one.  It speaks to me.

 The 7th hole.  I took a picture of the sign, so I know that one for sure.

 Rain drops keep falling on my head!

 This was the 8th hole, and my ball kept getting caught under the pumpkins! :)

 We split into two teams, but we still got stuck waiting for each other.

 Another view of the 9th? hole.

 Mini golfing is fun!

 Riley!  Get out of my way!

 The 13th (and final) hole.  It was so fun to watch our balls float down the water to the end.

 Ana by the 13th hole.

 That's my ball!  The red one.

 Even though it had started to pour, the kids still wanted to go play on the boat in the back.

 The rain is dripping, and splashing every where!

 Riley, running in the rain.  He wanted to check out the giant checker board.

 William didn't mind getting soaked at all. :)

 A cool table.

I wanted a picture of the lake as we drove by, but because it was raining, Kurtis couldn't get a clear shot.  I really like the water on the window, though.  It's super cool.

1 comment:

Michele said...

I love that last photo