Sunday, June 19, 2011

Let the Vacation Begin!

Monday, June 13, 2011
   Today, we slept in and went to a park!  Michele's kids call it Turtle Park because when they took Henry there (or was it William?) for the first time, they saw a lot of turtles, and he just kept calling it that.  It's really called Camelot Park.  I love that park.  I've been there every time I've visited Michele, but this was Kurtis' and Riley's first time ever.  We brought their dog, Sadie with us, and Kurtis had fun walking her. 
   After that, Michele and I took Henry to his soccer practice.  It was his first one ever, and he loved it so much!  He was so fun to watch.  So happy, and playful and in his own little world.  Michele has those pictures.  She may put one on her blog.
   Then, after dinner, we went to the library.  We were hoping to see a jazz band play, but we missed it.  That's okay, though because we had a lot of fun just playing around.  The pictures say it all!

 Henry found a tree stump that looked like a cave.  I think he thought it was pretty cool. :)

 Isn't it gorgeous?  There aren't many parks that have lakes in Utah.

 There is a playground, but also a walking trail that takes you around the lake.  Minnesota is the land of 10,000 lakes, after all! :D

 There were baby fish in the pond!  We did see a turtle as well, but I think I just got it on video.  I will have to a movie of our trip together sometime, and put it up here for your enjoyment. :)

 Red winged black bird.

 Sadie.

 The lake by the library.  Seriously.  Lakes every where!

 This turtle was in the lake by the library.  So cute. :)

 I thought the reflection of the sunset on the pavilion back drop behind the library was pretty.

 Kaleb started dancing on the stage, and Brian (Michele's husband) started dancing with him.  I really wish I had brought my video camera when I saw that!

 Kaleb likes to pose for the camera.

 This is the pavilion where the jazz band was playing.  The lights change colors.  It's really cool.

A Minnesota sunset.  Love it!

1 comment:

Michele said...

I really wish I had taken my camera to the library! They had such a good time dancing. The parks in Minnesota are great- no doubt about it. That is one thing whenever we visit Utah we shake our heads at the city planning & suburban sprawl. I suppose with lakes you HAVE to plan around them, but sure is a nice "have to".