Monday, June 20, 2011

I Am Floating Away

Friday, June 17, 2011
   Sometimes I feel I lack creativity.  I mean, I seem to start all of these posts with, "Today,..."  Lame.  But I am coming up empty when I try to think of some other way to begin.
  Our time with my sister and her family is nearing its end.  But I am not sad to go.  We've had amazing adventures while we were here.  I mean it.  It's been super amazing, but I will see my sister again soon.  Okay, so maybe I am sad to go.  I love being around her.  She's so smart and creative and it rubs off on me.  She is an artist, so most of the paintings in her home are done by her or her children.  I want to paint a picture and hang it on my wall now.  I'm not very good at painting, though.  I've decided to at least give it a go, though.  One of the pictures I have taken on this trip is going to be my inspiration.  I just need to pick one.
   Today we went canoeing on French Lake.  There is a park called French Park near my sister's home, and you can rent canoes by the hour.  We rented three canoes and paddled each other around for an hour.  It was marvelous.  Kurtis has decided we need to get a canoe now.  I agree.  They are expensive, though, so that will have to wait.  When our hour on the lake was up, we came ashore, and the kids played in the lake and in the sand.  It was so much fun.  I took a nap.  It was probably only ten minutes or less, but it was sleep.
   Tomorrow we are going to do our laundry and go grocery shopping and pack.  We leave Sunday morning to go to South Dakota and see Mount Rushmore on the way home.  I'm so excited.  I have never seen that before either!  So much I haven't seen and done before.  I love trips like this!  And I love that I get to do it with my kids and my husband.  It has been so much fun to watch them as they've seen new things and explored new places.  Zach and I had gone to French Park and went canoeing the last time I came to Minnesota.  It was so fun to hear him exclaim as we pulled into the park, "Hey!  I remember this place!"  I had been telling him we'd already been there, but he would just look at me like I was insane.  It made me laugh.  Best trip ever, I tell ya!

 I love how green it is here.

 These are awesome turtles at French Park.

 More turtles.

 Henry was so excited to go on the canoe!

Ana hadn't ever steered a canoe before, but she got the hang of it.

 We all stopped to say hello! :)

 Zach had a lot of fun, but he didn't like it when they rocked the boat.

 We also chased the ducks.

And they flew away.

 They created towns and buildings.

 Okay, so their buildings look like huts, but they still rock!

 Finished product.

 The kids playing on the sand.

 More playing.

 Michele and Brian play, too!

It's pretty much William's favorite thing to do.

Kurtis relaxed on the bench.

 Canoe!

 This was a really cool spider.

 Oh, and Kaleb got a mosquito bite on his forehead and it swelled up so much he looked like a Klingon.  He's allergic.



1 comment:

Michele said...

Yay! I'm glad you had a great time. :) Go for it- paint a picture- have fun with it.